We understand, turai tastes bland and can be super boring as a meal; but what if we say we have an amazing recipe that will make the vegetable tastier than ever?! You heard us. During our research for delicious turai dishes, we came across a recipe that won our hearts in just no time. Hence, we thought of sharing it with you. It’s a hearty turai ki chutney recipe.
This recipe has been shared by celebrity chef Anahita Dhondy on her Instagram handle. “You will never believe this chutney is made using Turai/ Ridge Gourd. I never thought Turai could taste this good. Turai is easily available in the summer and this chutney was ready in under 15 minutes. Trust me on this and try it out now now now!” she wrote alongside. Let’s take a look at the dish.
How To Make Turai Ki Chutney – Recipe By Chef Anahita Dhondy:
- To make this dish, first peel one ridge gourd and cut it into big piece.
- Then heat oil in a non-stick pan and add urad dal, chana dal and four red chillies to it.
- Throw in the turai and saute until it softens.
- Then add tamarind and salt and cook. Let the mixture cool down.
- Now, transfer everything in a blending jar and add coconut and jiggery to it. Grind everything into a smooth paste.
- That’s it. Turai ki chutney is ready to be served. Transfer the chutney into a serving bowl and relish.
Watch the detailed recipe video of turai ki chutney here:
Try this unique dish today and let us know how you liked it. For more such delicious turai recipes, click here.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.