Radhaballabhi is stuffed Bengali-style kachori, prepared using a spicy dal filling. When paired with aloo sabzi or duma loo, it makes for a quintessential breakfast in a Bengali household. In fact, radhaballabhi also holds a constant position in almost every celebratory feast in Bengal. So what are you waiting for? Put on your apron as we bring you the classic recipe of Bengali-style dal kachori (or as we say Radhaballabhi). This particular recipe has been shared by Chef Ananya Banerjee on her YouTube channel (named Ananya Banerjee). Take a look.
Radhaballabhi Recipe | How To Make Bengali-Style Dal Kachori:
- Take maida, salt, sugar, ghee in a mixing bowl and mix everything together.
- Now mix water gradually and knead a soft dough.
- Brush the body of the dough with some oil and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Take overnight soaked urad dal, fennel seeds, hing, salt and sugar and blend.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add kalonji and let it splutter.
- Now add the urad dal paste and mix. Add Bengali bhaja masala (dry roasted jeera and dry chilli powder). Mix everything well.
- Now, cut small roundels from the dough, make it flat, stuff the dal mix and roll.
- Finally, deep fry the kachoris until they turn crispy and flaky.
- Now, all you need to do is, prepare aloo ki sabzi and serve. We suggest, eating the radhaballabhi hot to enjoy it the best.
Watch the detailed recipe video of Bengali-style dal kachori (radhaballabhi) below:
Try it today and let us know how you liked it. And for more such stuffed kachori recipes, click here.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.