Though this delicious finger food is a treat to your taste buds, it is also capable of sending you on a guilt trip. But we have a slightly healthier version of French fries to pitch. Ever heard of Truffle fries? The recipe was shared by renowned Chef Guntas on Instagram, and you don’t want to miss out.
Alongside the recipe, Chef Guntas wrote, “We all love Fry-Days. We’re just thankful for the different ways we can eat potatoes but this one has to be an all-time favourite.”
How To Make Truffle Fries – Chef Guntas Shares Recipe:
- Potatoes – 3
- Salt as per taste
- Mixed garlic – 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Shaved Parmesan cheese – 1 tbsp
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped parsley – 1 tbsp
- Truffle Oil – 1 tbsp
- First, chop the potatoes into thin wedges. Empty it in a fan with water. Add some salt and boil the potatoes.
- Now, strain the potatoes. Put them in a bowl and add mixed garlic, olive oil, salt, shaved Parmesan cheese, paprika powder, and some chopped parsley. The wedges should get covered nicely in spices.
- Bake in an air fryer or oven at 200*c for 12-15 minutes or until they are done.
- Next, you have to toss it again in 1 tbsp truffle oil, some shaved Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Chef Guntas also mentioned a couple of tips in the caption:
- He said that the truffle oil is a little tough to find. But one should not comprise on the quality, as “the better the quality, the better the taste.”
- In case, you don’t have an air fryer, the chef suggests deep fry or bake them in an oven.
- For the garnish, you can top it off with garlic, peri peri, parsley, parmesan and so much more.
- Truffle Fries do not rest well as they get soggy super quick and the truffle oil loses flavour. The way out is to “serve them hot.”